What are the dates of the shows?
What are the times of the shows?
Good Company Players’ 2nd Space Theatre:
- Thursday Evenings: 7:30 p.m. curtain
- Friday & Saturday Evenings: 8:00 p.m. curtain
- Sunday Matinées: 2:00 p.m.
Good Company Players at Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater:
- Thursday & Sunday Evenings: 7:00 Jr. Co. performs, 7:30 curtain
- Friday & Saturday Evenings: 7:30 Jr. Co. performs, 8:00 curtain
- Sunday Matinées: 1:00 p.m. Jr. Co. performs, 1:30 curtain
What are the box office hours?
Tuesdays & Wednesdays: 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Thursdays & Sundays: 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Fridays & Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
How do I buy tickets?
If you wish to buy in person, the Box Office for Good Company Players’ productions at both the 2nd Space Theatre and Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater is located in the lobby of Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater at 1226 N. Wishon Ave., Fresno, CA, 93728. Tickets may also be purchased in the 2nd Space lobby one hour before curtain on the night of the show.
You may also reserve and pay by phone at 559-266-9494 or 800-371-4747. In addition, the dedicated 2nd Space Theatre line is 559-266-0660.
May I see a seating chart?
Yes! Click here for a seating chart for Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater.
Is there reserved seating or just general admission?
- At Roger Rocka’s, there are reserved tables but the specific chairs at
each table are first-come first-served.
- At GCP’s 2nd Space Theatre, there is general admission only.
- For both spaces, please let the box office know if you have special
needs, such as wheelchair access, or an issue that precludes climbing
How much are tickets?
2017 Ticket Prices for GCP’s 2nd Space Theatre:
- General Admission: $20.00
- Student/Senior/Military: $17.00
- Student Rush: $12.00
- Regular Season Tickets: $90.00 ($15.00 per show)
- Regular Mini Season:
- 5-Play: $85.00
- 4-Play: $68.00
- 3-Play: $51.00
- Group Rates (for groups of 16 or more, paid in one payment):
- January-November: $14.50 per person
- December: $16.50 per person
Call our Group Sales Representative at 559-266-9493 for information on buying out the house or renting the venue.
2017 Ticket Prices for GCP productions at Roger Rocka’s:
- Visit https://rogerrockas.com/your-visit/purchasing-tickets/ for prices and more info
Do you have gift certificates?
Absolutely. Gift certificates are available online, and at our box office, of course.
We also have outlets in the community, including:
- Fresno Fashion Fair Mall (during Christmas time only, at our kiosk just west of the North Pole)
- Sierra Vista Mall in Clovis (Customer Service Counter, year-round)
- Sierra Nut House (7901 Nees @ Blackstone in Fresno, year-round)
- Merle Norman Cosmetics (Pavilion West Shopping Center, Fresno, year-round)
- Circle Gallery – (Madera Arts Council, Madera, year-round)
- For The Birds: Garden Gifts (1332 Draper St., Kingsburg, year-round)
Are there service fees?
There are online service fee and a over-the-phone service fee for credit charges and shipping & handling. We try to keep these as low as possible for our patrons.
How do I get to the theaters?
- Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater is located on the corner of Olive and Wishon at 1226 N. Wishon Ave., Fresno, CA 93728 in the historic Tower District.
- Good Company Players’ 2nd Space Theatre is located near the corner of Olive and Van Ness at 928 E. Olive Ave., Fresno, CA 93728 in the historic Tower District.
- Freeway 180 has off ramps very close to both theaters, and Maroa and Wishon take you right to our intersection and the front door of Roger Rocka’s!
Click here for maps to Roger Rocka’s and 2nd Space.
What time should I arrive at the theater?
For GCP shows at Roger Rocka’s, it is a good idea to allow at least an hour for dining. You should aim to arrive by 6:00pm at the latest on Thursdays and Sunday evenings, by 7:30 on Fridays and Saturdays. At the 2nd Space, the doors to the lobby open an hour before curtain and the theatre doors open a half-hour before curtain.
How long are performances?
Run times vary, depending on the production. The box office can usually give you a reasonable estimate for the particular show you’re seeing (559-266-9494).
What happens if I’m late?
We will try to seat you during a scene change or on applause to minimize distractions for the audience and performers, but you may have to wait a while.
What should I wear?
Depending on the event that evening (company party, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day, Prom, etc), our patrons generally wear everything from evening wear to cocktail attire to office casual.
Where do I park?
There is lots of unmetered street parking available in the Tower District, as well as a number of parking lots in which parking is allowed. However, It can get crowded when there are multiple events in the area, so we encourage patrons to arrive in plenty of time for the show.
Should I bring my camera?
For all performances, photographs, video, audio or any other kind of recording (for example via cell phone or ipad) are strictly prohibited from the time the overture begins until after the artists take their bows. For certain shows, we allow the actors to remain after the show and take posed photos with our guests. Please remember that recording of public performances breaks copyright laws and can be distracting and dangerous to the performers as well as infringing on the enjoyment of your fellow guests. This is also true of cell phone use. Please turn your cell phone all the way off during performances.
Should I bring my children?
Our general rule is that children under 6 years of age are not admitted unless the show is aimed at children. However, we also know that some young children are very well behaved and we believe that it is important for children to be exposed to the arts. We have special prices at some performances for children for that very reason. If you are certain your child will not be disruptive and you agree to take your child into the lobby if he/she becomes so, please contact the box office and let them know one of your guests is under 6 and you understand the policy and would like to bring them to the performance. All children need a ticket.
How do I know whether a production is appropriate for children?
We attach ratings to all our shows. They are based on the current standard of rating movies. Most of our promotional materials note the rating in the description of each show, so it should be easy to find online, in print or at the box office. Click here for an explanation of our rating system.
What are the benefits for season ticket subscribers?
There are so many benefits to becoming a season ticket holder. Season ticket holders get our best price and the best choice of seats, have a liberal exchange policy and are offered tickets at very low prices from time-to-time for their guests. They also have our undying gratitude and respect for their support of the arts.
Does GCP offer classes?
Yes, GCP offers quite a few classes throughout the year. We offer a variety of acting, singing and dance classes for all ages as well as our highly respected summer performance workshops for young people.
Do you have a newsletter?
Yes. Roger Rocka and Good Company Players send out a joint newsletter once a month. We also send occasional event reminders and special offers.
Are the theaters available for private events?
Yes. Both the GCP’s 2nd Space and Roger Rocka’s venues are available for private rental for weddings, anniversary celebrations, retirement parties, business luncheons and fundraisers. Organizations may ‘Buy Out” the house with performance included, or skip our mainstage show and organize your own entertainment or meeting. Call our group sales representative at 559-266-9493. For more information, click here.