GCP at Roger Rocka’s
Good Company Players
ROGER ROCKA’S DINNER THEATER
For Tickets Call (559) 266-9494 or Toll Free (800) 371-4747
Onstage January 16 – March 16, 2014:
Good Company Players presents
A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum
at Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater
Opening January 16, 2014 and running through March 16, this madcap Roman romp continues to hold its place at the top of the ‘world’s funniest musical’ list. A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is filled with mistaken identities, star-crossed lovers, frightened husbands, domineering wives, cowering slaves, beautiful women, and confused octogenarians. Pseudolus (DAN PESSANO) is a crafty slave to the house of Senex who would do anything to be free… and does. He drags his nervous and reluctant fellow-slave, Hysterium (GORDON MOORE), into all sorts of elaborate schemes to win the hand of the beautiful but dimwitted courtesan, Philia (DANNAH LEMON), for his young master, Hero (PETER ALLWINE). Hero has promised Pseudolus his freedom if he succeeds. Unfortunately the head of the house and Hero’s father, Senex (ROGER CHRISTENSEN), also casts his eye on Philia and pursues her in spite of his fear of his shrewish wife, Domina (JENNIFER GOETTSCH). Things are further complicated when a fierce Roman soldier (GREG RUUD) arrives to claim Philia as his bride from the house of ill-repute. Directed by veteran FRED BOLOGNA for Good Company Players, this Tony Award-winning musical boasts a hilarious book by Burt Shevelove and Larry Gelbart and delightful score by Steven Sondheim. Rated PG.
*Show contains adult themes. Some material may be inappropriate for children 13 and under.”
- Performs Thursdays through Sundays, with two shows most Sundays
- Contact & Hours – 266-9494 or 800-371-4747; open Tuesday – Sunday, beginning at 10 a.m.
- Location - Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater, 1226 N. Wishon, at Olive and Wishon in The Tower District.
- Thursdays - A sumptuous buffet begins service at 5:30 p.m., with a Pre-Show featuring Good Company Players’ Junior Company at 7:00 and the performance at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday - A mouth-watering served meal begins service at 5:30 p.m., with the Pre-Show at 7:30 p.m. and the performance at 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday matinee - A hearty brunch buffet begins service at 11 a.m., with the Pre-Show at 1 p.m. and the performance at 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday evening - This delectable buffet begins service at 5:00 p.m., with the Pre-Show at 7:00 p.m. and the performance at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursdays, & Sundays - Buffet & Show - $46.00 per person; Show Only - $29.00, Student/Senior $43.00
- Friday & Saturday – Served Meal & Show - $50.00; Show Plus (includes the show, 1 dessert, 1 drink, tax and tip) - $37.00.
- Student Rush - $16 for Show Only with valid student ID. Available 15 minutes before showtime, subject to availability.
- Packages - There are add-ons available to fit your budget and designed to save you money on beverages, desserts, tax and tip. Ask the box office staff!
- Special Rates - Ask about kids, student, senior, military and group rates.
- Groups of 16 or more are eligible for discounts and should call Group Sales at 559-266-9493 for information and reservations.