GCP at Roger Rocka’s
Good Company Players
ROGER ROCKA’S DINNER THEATER
For Tickets Call (559) 266-9494 or Toll Free (800) 371-4747
Good Company Players presents
SMOKEY JOE’S CAFE
On Stage November 18, 2014 – January 11, 2015:
This smokin’ hot review, spanning the ‘50’s, ‘60’s and ‘70’s, features the toe- tapping, hip-swiveling, soul searing music of Jerry Leiber and Mike Stoller. The duo burst into the music industry as teenagers and launched a body of work that runs the gamut from rhythm and blues to novelty with romantic ballads, doo-wop, and rock-and-roll liberally sprinkled throughout. The score of Smokey Joe’s Cafe includes songs like “Stand By Me,” “Yakety Yak,” “Spanish Harlem,” “Kansas City,” “Trouble,” Jailhouse Rock,” “On Broadway,” “Fools Fall In Love,” “On Broadway” and a myriad of other hits! Twelve talented, dynamic performers will take you on an ebullient trip back to the heyday of early rock and roll. The cast includes PATRICK BRANCATO, ISAAC BROWN, BRANDON DELSID, CAMILLE GASTON, TERESA GIPSON, JANET GLAUDÉ, JESSE MCCOY, MARISA SANCHEZ, STEVE SOUZA, KE’LEA WILKINS, ASHLEY WILKINSON, BRANDON YANG. Rated G.
Leiber and Stoller met in LA in 1950 when they were both in their late teens. They discovered a shared love for rhythm and blues and began writing together immediately. That same year, Jimmy Witherspoon recorded their first commercial song. Their first hit came in 1952 when Charles Brown recorded their rhythm and blues tune, “Hard Times” followed by “Hound Dog” in 1953 for Big Mama Thornton and one chart topper after another into the 1970’s. The duo were extremely influential in the early days of rock and roll, bringing R&B into the mainstream and they’re own witty and mentoring Phil Spector, who interned at their recording studio.
- Performs Thursdays through Sundays, with two shows most Sundays
- Contact & Hours – 266-9494 or 800-371-4747; open Tuesday – Sunday, beginning at 10 a.m.
- Location - Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater, 1226 N. Wishon, at Olive and Wishon in The Tower District.
- Thursdays - A sumptuous buffet begins service at 5:30 p.m., with a Pre-Show featuring Good Company Players’ Junior Company at 7:00 and the performance at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday - A mouth-watering served meal begins service at 5:30 p.m., with the Pre-Show at 7:30 p.m. and the performance at 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday matinee - A hearty brunch buffet begins service at 11 a.m., with the Pre-Show at 1 p.m. and the performance at 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday evening - This delectable buffet begins service at 5:00 p.m., with the Pre-Show at 7:00 p.m. and the performance at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursdays, & Sundays - Buffet & Show - $46.00 per person; Show Only - $29.00, Student/Senior $43.00
- Friday & Saturday – Served Meal & Show - $50.00; Show Plus (includes the show, 1 dessert, 1 drink, tax and tip) - $37.00.
- Student Rush - $16 for Show Only with valid student ID. Available 15 minutes before showtime, subject to availability.
- Packages - There are add-ons available to fit your budget and designed to save you money on beverages, desserts, tax and tip. Ask the box office staff!
- Special Rates - Ask about kids, student, senior, military and group rates.
- Groups of 16 or more are eligible for discounts and should call Group Sales at 559-266-9493 for information and reservations.