GCP at Roger Rocka’s
Good Company Players
ROGER ROCKA’S DINNER THEATER
For Tickets Call (559) 266-9494 or Toll Free (800) 371-4747
Onstage March 20 – May 18, 2014:
Good Company Players presents
The King and I
Rodgers & Hammerstein’s masterful score accompanies the magnificent story of the prim Victorian schoolteacher, Anna Leonowens, who is hired by the King of Siam to teach his numerous offspring and wives. By turns hilarious and heartrending, The King and I follows the contest of wits between the feisty Anna Leonowens (TESS MIZE) and the intelligent but autocratic King of Siam (GEORGE AKINA/DINDO DIZON). The King and Anna begin as adversaries but slowly find a common bond in their love for Siam and its people. As their affection grows into a deep and sincere regard for each other, a sudden turn of events catapults them into an ideological battle that threatens to destroy them both.
Directed by ELIZABETH FIESTER, The King and I cast features a cast comprised of GCP veterans (CYNTHIA CULP-RHODUS, KINDLE COWGER, ERIC BAILEY, MARTY MARGOLIN, PETER HARTLEY, LANCE CASPER, and DOMINIC GRIJALVA) as well as many making their GCP debut (RICHARD ANDERSON, EDWARD CROSSMAN, ABBY SPAIN, and TROY VASQUEZ).
- Performs Thursdays through Sundays, with two shows most Sundays
- Contact & Hours – 266-9494 or 800-371-4747; open Tuesday – Sunday, beginning at 10 a.m.
- Location - Roger Rocka’s Dinner Theater, 1226 N. Wishon, at Olive and Wishon in The Tower District.
- Thursdays - A sumptuous buffet begins service at 5:30 p.m., with a Pre-Show featuring Good Company Players’ Junior Company at 7:00 and the performance at 7:30 p.m.
- Friday & Saturday - A mouth-watering served meal begins service at 5:30 p.m., with the Pre-Show at 7:30 p.m. and the performance at 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday matinee - A hearty brunch buffet begins service at 11 a.m., with the Pre-Show at 1 p.m. and the performance at 1:30 p.m.
- Sunday evening - This delectable buffet begins service at 5:00 p.m., with the Pre-Show at 7:00 p.m. and the performance at 7:30 p.m.
- Thursdays, & Sundays - Buffet & Show - $46.00 per person; Show Only - $29.00, Student/Senior $43.00
- Friday & Saturday – Served Meal & Show - $50.00; Show Plus (includes the show, 1 dessert, 1 drink, tax and tip) - $37.00.
- Student Rush - $16 for Show Only with valid student ID. Available 15 minutes before showtime, subject to availability.
- Packages - There are add-ons available to fit your budget and designed to save you money on beverages, desserts, tax and tip. Ask the box office staff!
- Special Rates - Ask about kids, student, senior, military and group rates.
- Groups of 16 or more are eligible for discounts and should call Group Sales at 559-266-9493 for information and reservations.